The Texas Department of State health Services has established 11 Prevention Resource Centers in the State of Texas. PRC in Region 11 is coordinating its efforts with the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and other entities focused on providing prevention services related to alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs among youth and adults. We serve our communities by providing access to data regarding alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use and misuse, as well as behavioral, mental, and physical health issues related to drug use. PRC 11 also works to build strong partnerships with other organizations that collect data through questionnaires, needs assessments, surveys, focus groups, and informant interviews.
- The mission of the Prevention Resource Center 11 is to serve as a central data repository for region 11 and become a resource for organizations, coalitions, and agencies throughout the 19 counties of the region.
- The goal is to strengthen collaborations, increase awareness and serve as a resource focused on developing a sustainable infrastructure to support the creation, storage, visualization and exchange of local, regional, and statewide data.
- To achieve this mission, PRC11 aims to enhance data sharing by identifying, collecting, interpreting, and analyzing data specific to behavioral health statistics, trends, and service gaps.
- The center will also focus on developing data products highlighting local, regional, and statewide trends which are available through social media, email blasts, and data newsletters.
The Prevention Resource Center 11 provides support and information to the following entities:
- Community Organizations and Coalitions
- Community Leaders
- Schools and College Representatives
- Other organizations working in prevention, intervention, and treatment
The Prevention Resource Center (PRC) Region 11 is a program of the Behavioral Health Solutions of South Texas. PRC 11 provides support to communities by increasing effectiveness and visibility in data collection pertaining alcohol, tobacco and other drug use or misuse inform, as well as other behavioral issues.
Through the dissemination of information and training resources, PRC 11 works to build collaborations and inform communities.
To achieve our goals we coordinate with the Texas Department of State Health Services presentation staff, local media and providers of substance abuse prevention, intervention and treatment services within our region.
Webb, Jim Hogg, San Patricio, Zapata, Duval, Aransas, Cameron, McMullen, Refugio, Willacy, Live Oak, Bee, Kennedy, Kleberg, Jim Wells, Brooks, Nueces, Hidalgo, Starr